On the basis of Voivodship Motor Transport Office (WUS) was formed a new transport company called "Państwowa Komunikacja Samochodowa Oddział w Krakowie", with its headquarters at ul. Reymonta.
From mid-1945, gradually started relatively regular passenger service.
Passengers continued to be transported in adapted trucks.
There were no marked stops on the routes, no ticket offices, no help desks or bus conductors and the drivers used to sell tickets.
The year 1946 was a period of organisational and operational revival for the PKS branch in Cracow. As a result, the first dedicated “stations” are being set up, including Cracow at 19 Kamienna Street.
After the PKS took over the building of the pre-war PKP bus station at pl. Św. Ducha, the PKS services in the Krakowskie Voivodeship, became more reliable.
On the roads started to appear a variety of cars adapted by private operators and it was not easy to count them all.
Organised ticket sales were launched in the station building, and the first national PKS timetable was issued on 15 June 1946.
At this time, PKS offered only 23 destinations - 38 regular services per day. At the time, the PKS transport network in our Voivodeship was only 623 km long.
On the roads appear the first real buses with PKS emblems, illuminated tables with names of destinations, upholstered passenger seats and luggage racks.
The Company operating in the Cracow Voivodeship now manages PKS stations in the Kielce Voivodeship in Kielce, the Rzeszów voivodeship in Rzeszów, Przemyśl and Krosno.
The Cracow branch of PKS operates stations in Cracow, Tarnów, Zakopane and Nowy Sącz.
Ticket sales and pre-sales are improved, the number of ticket offices is increased, and better results are achieved regarding vehicle efficiency, traffic speed, and travel conditions.
For the first time, a female conductor appears on PKS routes.
After the war, in 1952, the station was moved from Pl. Św. Ducha at ul. Pawia. At that time, buses departed from it in all directions of Poland.
The station existed there for several decades before it was moved to Bosacka Street.
This is a significant increase in the transport of commuters and the transport of schoolchildren. The attractiveness of the bus as a mode of public transport for tourism and excursions is also increasing.
At this time, to improve foreign tourist traffic, the WP PKS Board in Cracow launches a regular bus service for traditional tourism on the following lines: Cracow - Poprad and Cracow - Zakopane - Vienna.
Establishment of a company wholly owned by the Treasury under the name Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacji Samochodowej w Krakowie S.A.
Establishment of the company under the name of Regionalny Dworzec Autobusowy w Krakowie Sp. z o.o.
The new two-level bus station at 18 Bosacka Street went into operation.
The Małopolskie Voivodeship becomes the majority shareholder of the Company.
The Company took over the management of the bus station in Nowy Sącz.
Establishment of MDA S.A. (Małopolskie Dworce Autobusowe S.A.) through the merger of RDA Sp. z o.o. in Cracow and PKS S.A. in Cracow.
The Company takes on the manager’s role, cooperates with bus operators, runs passenger services and sells tickets to passengers at bus stations in Cracow and Nowy Sącz.
The new part of the MDA bus station in Cracow went into operation.